Mobile automotive repair offers a great opportunity for automakers and dealerships who build the right program. It can also be a trap for dealers who try to manage mobile repair like it is the service drive. And the key to success is the right mobile service business plan for your market.
AutoUtility is an exciting new mobile auto repair equipment provider dedicated to servicing car dealerships. This new company offers everything your dealer needs from equipment to consulting and dispatch plans.
Building a Mobile Service Business Plan
A successful mobile auto repair business starts with the right business plan. And while there are many keys to success, your plan should include:
- The right equipment: Vans are a popular option but may not allow you to offer the best services. Scissor lift trailers are often more efficient and can accommodate most repairs.
- Repair Focus: A mobile service business is not the same as your service drive. So, make sure to plan your repairs carefully to grow revenue and profit.
- Route Planning: Your technicians should be fixing cars, not driving between customers. So, set your dispatch area and plan your routes carefully.
- Customer management: Set clear customer expectations and communication plans, or your customer service will suffer.
- Multi-Point Inspection: Perform a multi-point vehicle for every customer, and set follow up appointments.
- Define Your target: Decide who your customers should be. And stick to your marketing plan.
The Right Equipment
Choosing the right equipment can be the difference between profits and losses. Our recommended mobile service provider is AutoUtility. They provide mobile service trailers and mobile service vans. So, you can get the right equipment to service your market.
And while vans and trucks serve a purpose, a mobile hydraulic trailer offers significant added benefits including:
- Purchase price: Trailers can be as much as 50% lower than a mobile service van.
- Flexibility: Because AutoUtility offers a car lift on trailer, your team can perform just about any service. Including tire rotations/replacements, brake jobs and multi-point inspections.
- Complete Shop on Wheels: AutoUtility mobile service trailers come fully equipped with a generator, air compressor, part storage, and oil tanks.
Some automotive maintenance and repair jobs are efficient while others are not. Also, some repair services add value while others detract. So, build your mobile auto repair business plan with the right services for maximum profit.
The less time your technicians spend driving, the more time they have to repair vehicles. So, dispatch planning can be key to program profits. Tools such as Elite Extra routing optimization software can help you reduce drive time and increase repair time.
Mobile service helps you improve customer lifecycle satisfaction. And good communication is key to customer satisfaction, so make sure you are transparent with your customers. Some tricks are to tailor your marketing plan and sales process to control awareness of your mobile service program. This helps ensure you can manage the volume effectively as it grows.
Multi Point Inspection
Completing and reviewing a multipoint inspection for every customer is key to long-term success. It helps identify additional repairs and schedule future business. And the portable car hoist on every AutoUtility trailer makes it easy to complete an MPI.
Define your Target Customers
There’s no reason to give away a valuable service such as mobile repair. Instead, mobile service is a premium service best sold to premium customers who are willing to pay extra. So set your marketing plan to target high-end customers. This can include newer vehicle owners, purchasers of expensive vehicles and managers of large fleets.
Success Means Flexibility
Purchase the Right Equipment
Any part of your mobile service program can adapt depending on the marketplace. But purchasing the wrong vehicle repair equipment is much more problematic. So before you decide on commercial vans for your mobile service program, take a look at mobile service trailers.
Mobile service trailers can be a great alternative to commercial vans for your mobile service program. They offer flexibility and convenience, allowing you to easily transport your equipment and tools to different locations. AutoUtility, a reputable provider, offers a variety of trailers that cater to different needs.
One option to consider is their lay flat mobile trailers. These trailers are sleek and compact, making them easy to maneuver on the road. They are perfect for businesses that need a trailer that can easily navigate through tight spaces or crowded streets.
If you have larger equipment or need more storage space, AutoUtility also offers low profile trailers. These mobile car lift trailers have a spacious layout that allows you to transport parts and tools. Some of the parts that offer the most opportunity for profit and upsell include:
- Brake system components
- Engine Oil
- Power Steering pumps, belts and hoses
- Air filters
- Wiper blades
- Transmission fluid
- Car batteries
For businesses that prioritize security and protection, fully enclosed trailers are the way to go. These trailers provide complete coverage, shielding your equipment from the elements and potential theft.
When choosing the right trailer for your mobile service program, it’s important to consider your specific needs and requirements. AutoUtility’s wide selection of trailers ensures that you can find the perfect fit for your business. Their knowledgeable team can also provide expert advice and guidance to help you make an informed decision.